Web Design Scope of Work
Your project will involve the design and development of a Squarespace web site for use by yourself, "the client". This project will follow the timeline outlined below and does not include ongoing maintenance of the site outside of what may be stated in the scope. Your project will cost $50/hr, unless otherwise stated below.
This SOW covers the following activities and deliverables.
- Theme Design and Development: The theme presented with the proposal will be the basis for the design of the website. There will be a period of revisions and development will start once you have signed off on the design. Once development has started, only minor changes can be made without affecting the scope of the project.
- Host and Domain Setup: If hosting is required, I will source and set up hosting for the requested domain. Maintenance of the account will fall to you, the client, at the conclusion of the project.
- Squarespace Installation and Setup: I will assist in the setup of your Squarespace site; however you, the client, will be required to pay for the annual Squarespace Fee. By agreeing to this, you are agreeing to provide your personal information with me (credit card info, social security number, phone numbers, home address, etc) so that I can accurately and efficiently set up your account.
- Content Entry: I will enter the initial content you provide to me. This will include text and pictures for each page to be created with the initial setup.
- The pages for the site will include the LIST OF PAGES we agree on in your specific contract.
- Browser Testing: I will test the site to make sure it works with modern desktop web browsers. I will also test to make sure that the site does not break when viewed on mobile devices.
At the end of website creation, I will provide you with the following:
- Account and login information.
- Website deployed on requested domain.
- A backup copy of the files associated with the site (through Dropbox).
- You must have a Dropbox Account to receive this deliverable.
- A reference document outlining how to make updates to the site along with links to online resources.
Your schedule will depend on your specific contract. This list is an overview of what may be included on your specific project schedule.
- Discuss Project Concepts (over the phone or in person)
- This process usually takes about an hour
- We'll decide if we're the right fit for each other
- Sign Contract
- You will have 48 hours to review the contract and sign
- You may request changes to the contract only once
- If you've made changes to the contract, after I re-send for approval, you will have 24 hours to review
- Once the Contract has been signed, the hourly rate begins at $50/hr
- Finalize Design Schedule
- We will meet to outline your Website together
- One review will be allotted
- You, the client, will provide all content assets asked of you
- I will provide you with a list of the information needed
- You will have 7 days to provide me this content. After this time, you will be charged $50/day for each day the content is late.
- Template Selection
- I will provide you with 2 to 3 template options to review
- You will have 48 hours to review, ask questions, and select a template
- Buildout 1
- I will build your entire site from bottom up
- During this time, you will not have access to the site, as it is bound to look messy and unfinished.
- Buildout 1 will take no longer than 2 weeks, though the hourly amount will differ from client to client
- I will build your entire site from bottom up
- Revision 1
- At this time, you must pay me the hourly rate accrued so far since starting the project
- Meeting Time - Face to face or phone time to discuss options moving forward
- You will have time to give your thoughts, opinions, and critiques
- Buildout 2
- I will make your proposed revisions at the normal $50/hr rate
- Revisions 2+
- You may decide your site needs some extra love. If at this point you decide you need more edits, my hourly rate goes up $10 per revision. For example:
- Revision 2 = $60/hr | Revision 3 = $70/hr | Revision 4 = $80/hr, and so on
- Finishing Touches
- At this point, the fee returns to $50/hr
- These are ALL OPTIONAL pages/edits
- Blog Imports
- Connecting Social Accounts
- Adding Contact & Business Information
- Adding Shop Items & Reviewing Shipping Settings
- Connecting Bank Account for Shop Pages
- Creating a Favicon
- Setting up a custom 404 Page
- Help Videos
- Deploy to Client Domain
- Client Sign Off and Receipt of Deliverables
- At this point, you will sign and date a contract stating our work is complete and that you understand the world can find, view, and see all content available on your site.
- You may re-hire me under a new contract if more work is needed
The total price of your project will be $50/hr, unless you, the client, decide to partake in more than one site revision. See above for Revision 2-4 Pricing.
You agree to pay the hourly rate and pay in full at each billing period: once at the completion and review of the first buildout, and finally at the completion of the website. If you have opted in to any extra revisions, those payments are also due before the final deliverables handoff. Late payments past 21 days will incur a 5% fee (every week past due date).
You understand and agree that until you pay me in full, I own full rights to each and every original design I create for you under this Agreement. If you don’t pay me in full, you agree that I can complete, exhibit, use and sell the design(s) at my sole and absolute discretion. You also agree that I own all of the concepts created before you select the final design(s).
I understand and agree that after you pay me in full, you will own rights (as defined in this Agreement) to the final design(s) that you approve and I create for you. You understand and agree that I own all of the concepts/preliminary designs created before you select the final design(s), except for elements in those concepts that are incorporated into the final design(s) that I deliver to you. You will receive rights for the final design(s) only. You agree that I will retain the right to use the final design(s) and all preliminary designs in design competitions, publications on design, educational purposes and in marketing my design business. You will be solely responsible to make sure that the design(s) I create for you will be available for use in commerce and protectable under trademark law.
I promise that, except for anything that you gave me to incorporate into the design(s, and except for the Squarespace Template Theme:
- (a) my work will be original and will not be copied in whole or in part from any other work
- (b) I own the rights that I am giving you under this Agreement, or I have secured such rights to any third-party content incorporated into my final design(s)
- (c) my work does not violate the patent, copyright, trade secret or other property right of any person, firm or entity.
I promise that this Agreement does not conflict with any other contract, agreement or understanding to which I am a party. Finally, I promise that I’ll hold and maintain in strict confidence any confidential information that you provide me (such as proprietary technical or business information), and I will not disclose such information to any third party except as may be required by a court or governmental authority.
You understand that you may make changes to the website after handoff, but that you must re-hire me to "fix" or "rework" and work you have undone. You understand that I will keep the original HTML, codes, & Image files of my web design of your project and agree that I may advertise my designs of your site in portfolios, resumés, and on my own website.
I give you the full rights to use the web design I create in any and all media without restrictions of any kind. Additionally, I agree that after you pay me in full, I will cooperate with you and execute any additional documents reasonably requested by you to evidence such assignment of rights.
Your agreement will be based on the fact that you have provided me with a complete list of requirements for your site, and that you have provided me all content assets asked of you in a timely manner.
In this section of your agreement, you'll sign your name and date below, verifying that the terms of this Statement of Work is acceptable. I have the right to change the contract at any time as long as I give you two weeks notice of said change.
You agree that I am an independent contractor and not your employee. Although you will provide general direction to me, I will determine, in my sole discretion, the manner and ways in which I will create the design(s) for you. The work that I create for you under this Agreement will not be deemed a “work-for-hire”, as that term is defined under U.S. Copyright Law. Whatever rights I grant you are contained in this Agreement. By signing this agreement, you and I agree:
- (a) to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement
- (b) that we have the full authority to enter into this Agreement.
- The Agreement is effective as of the most recent date that appears below.
Client Company Name: Kind & Brave
Client Sponsor Name: Abby Dreier
Client's Title: Owner/Operator/Designer
Client Sign Date: Sign Date